At age eight my Mother taught me to sew, and I embarked on a wonderful journey of creativity and imagination designing clothes for my Barbie dolls and eventually myself. After graduating from Carson-Newman University I followed my heart and started Carrie Flynn Bridal Couture, a custom wedding dress business. My brides-to-be joined me in envisioning their perfect gowns and we worked together to create looks that made them feel confident, beautiful, and comfortable in their own skin. After ten fulfilling years, changes in the Knoxville wedding market lead me to a detour from the fashion world.
Earning a Master’s degree in HR Development from UT Knoxville, I entered the corporate world of career services and nonprofit fundraising. This is where I truly came to appreciate the challenges faced by women who struggle to stay fashionable, look professional, and feel beautiful while balancing work and family. The experience inspired me to return to my fashion roots in 2016 through Carrie M. Fashion Consulting. I am passionate about helping women uncover the power and freedom of a wardrobe not based upon trends or a large budget, but upon their own timeless, signature style.
- BS Carson-Newman College, Interior Design
- MS University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Human Resource Development
- 2002 Carson-Newman University Outstanding Young Alumna
- 2006 University of Tennessee Knoxville Chancellor's Honors Outstanding Customer Service Award
- 2009 Greater Knoxville Business Journal 40 Under 40 honoree
- 2013 Leadership Knoxville Graduate